Wales had it's most successful Senior Commonwealth Championships in many years by bringing home 5 medals, to be placed 4th in the overall medal table.
- Gold for Katherine Kempe in the Women's Sabre;
- Silver for Mark Burkhalter in the Men's Epee;
- Bronze for Tom Edwards in the Men's Epee;
- Silver for the Men's Epee team;
- Bronze for the Women's Sabre team
Overall, a fabulous set of results, with many other notable results throughout the week. A more detailed report will be put online, once we have all recovered!
Carl added the following:
"I believe the Commonwealths (even without women's foil!) were Wales' most successful ever- well, in 64 years of Commonwealth competition - in terms of medals, even including the Commonwealth Games years. KK'S gold is only Wales' 3rd ever (1 in 2010, 1 in 2006) and it's only the 2nd time Wales have won 5 medals, the other being 1998."