WVFA Team Selectors 2020
- Foil: Margaret Myers
- Epee: Catherine Bowd
- Sabre: Ceri Thomas
Appeals to WVFA Chairman (email@example.com), ratified by the selection board.
As per the current Selection Policy, below.
Upon selection/acceptance of a Team place you are permitted to wear the current FIE approved Welsh patch, the Welsh Stripe is still permissible at Comonwealth events.
Eligibility for selection:
- Born in Wales
- Parent/Grandparent born in Wales
- Residency in Wales for a continuos period of 2 years (or more) and on the electoral role.
- Membership of WVFA/WF
- Membership of BF
- Mandatory membership of the BVF (for all open BVF veterans competitions and for Winton selection)
FIE license must be held for Veterans Commonwealths/ Individual European Championships, or if selected to represent GBR for European Teams/World's.
Teams are selected for the following events using the current WVFA Selection Policy:
- Home Nations Team:
- Regional Veterans Winton Team:
- Celtic Challenge Team: Selection criteria is set out in the Celtic Challenge section.
- Commonwealth Team selection: This is mandated by the Veterans Commonwealth Committee.
The WVFA website can be found here: https://www.welsh-veterans-fencing-association.co.uk/